Saturday, February 20, 2010

An Observation

So, although I really enjoy serving, there is one thing about it that bugs the heck out of me. I'm curious to know what first popped into your head as the thing that most likely annoys me, but because I'd like to just get this off my chest, I'm going to tell you right now....

It's the majority of the other servers. It's seems like all they do is bitch and complain about the guests, the side work, the other employees - everything! I think they'd all be a little happier if instead of grumbling about things, they would just fix whatever seems to be bothering them, whether that involves talking to another employee, refilling the ice or chips, or giving the guest something to be happy about if that guest isn't happy. A little attitude adjustment can go a long way in making a day better, but if I threw that bit of advice out as the "newbie," I'm sure they'd just get mad and complain about that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment