Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another Trip Around the Sun


(circa 1987 - my 1st birthday)

Today at exactly 4:17am (central time) I turned another year older - 24. This past year was a good one, although full of changes and uncertainty. Here's a taste of my 23rd year, in pictures and words.


I began dating this handsome fellow.

I celebrated weddings with ASP staffers.

I visited the Coors Brewery and the New Belgium Brewery for the first time.

I went on a road trip to Moab, Utah.

I graduated my dietetic internship, then became a Registered Dietitian a few months later. I also attended my first Food & Nutrition Conference and Expo with my mom.

I spent my summer working for ASP for what was likely the last time.


I celebrated more weddings with friends.


I watched the Cardinals clinch the NLCS at Coors Stadium in Denver.

I attended my first opening day of the snowboarding/skiing season at A-basin.

I survived/played in/enjoyed my first October snow storm in Colorado.

I went ice fishing for the first time.

Other notable moments:
I drove from Colorado to Illinois to Tennessee to North Carolina and back, putting many miles on my trusty old Malibu.
I shot a rifle at a target for the first time, and nailed the cup I might add.
I tried out for the Broncos Cheerleaders, on a whim, which was quite the experience. I was unsuccessful you may have been able to guess.
I began serving at Chili's Grill and Bar while continuing the long process of finding a real job.
I moved into a new apartment with a new roommate, in Littleton, Colorado.
I enjoyed many happy and wonderful moments that filled in the rest of my 23rd year.

I don't feel another year older, but I'm sure one day they will all catch up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment