Friday, February 5, 2010

A-mazing...

With a capitol A.
Today, friends, is what snowboarding is all about. In fact, it's what dreams are made of.

I headed to Keystone today to snowboard with my brother, Donnie, and another friend. I wasn't expecting to see any good snow, but it turned out to be a great mostly blue bird day. The snow was fantastic; there were about 5 inches of powder on the main trails, and we found areas in the trees with over a foot of powder. We hiked up to the very top of the south bowl, all the way to the sign where the snow cat (which costs $5) usually takes people. We didn't want to pay, so we decided to walk it. It's probably about 1/4 mile up the mountain, and in over a foot of powder that can be very tiring. Needless to say, at the end of the day I was exhausted and my legs were shot. But oh the wonderfulness. I had almost forgotten how glorious snowboarding could be. The snow this year has just been depressing, but today my faith was renewed. I wish I had pictures to document the occasion, but I forgot my camera. So, you'll just have to take my word for it. Hopefully the snow will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment