Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mmmm...That Was Good

I just had the most delightful dinner, if I do say so myself.

With no plans this evening and the night off from work, I decided I was going to cook myself a real dinner, rather than the recently typical bowl of cereal or 1/2 sandwich. So this morning I was going through my cookbooks looking for the perfect recipe and this is what I settled on: Chicken with Pear and Sage. I paired it with a baked sweet potato seasoned with rosemary and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Oh my gosh - delicious! It was a light meal, but full of flavor and very filling. And the recipe is simple and fast too, which is the best part. All you have to do is heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat and cook your chicken. Then you put the chicken on a dinner plate, top it with a slice of Gruyere cheese, cover it and keep it warm while you finish the recipe. To finish, place a sliced pear in the same pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, just until it's tender. Then add 1/8 cup of apple juice (or apple cider) and about 1 tablespoon of shredded fresh sage, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, scrape up the brown scraps left from the chicken and pour over the chicken topped with cheese.

Mmmm, mmmm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment