Friday, February 26, 2010

It's Over...

...All the waiting and hoping and applying and praying for a job that is.

That's right friends, I have a
real job!! You're looking (in a cyber sort of way) at the new dietitian for the Tri-County Health Department WIC office in Denver (at just one of the many locations). I am so excited you couldn't possibly understand.

And I guess
good things come in threes because today my dad got in town for a ski trip, so I get to see him; and bonus, I finally got a response from the lady in charge of the Operation Frontline program who would love to have me come volunteer with them, which I would still love to do even though I now also have a job. Operation Frontline is the Denver program of Share Our Strengths, which is a program that works with children and low-income families to make sure they have food and are educated about food and nutrition. One of the volunteer tasks is teaching nutrition classes to children. This is right up my alley, and I am still very interested in and excited about volunteering with them. SO, I plan to do that as well. Things are falling in to place wonderfully, and I can't thank the Lord enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment