Monday, March 15, 2010

Window Shopping

I cannot wait for a beautiful warm sunny Saturday!! Just listen to what I discovered about historic downtown Littleton, CO this evening on a walk, and you'll understand why...

It is packed full of cute little shops, eateries, and activities! In no particular order, although some definitely excite me more than others, here are some of the places I hope to visit soon (next time I'll make sure they're open!).

~ Multiple gift/antique stores. Looking through the windows they are stuffed full of goodies and little treasures. One lady (I assume owner) was moving furniture around, although closed, and let me walk through her store real quick. It had that perfect antique store smell. I can't wait to venture back in there.

~ A couple spice stores. That's right - a store full of spices and accessories/gadgets for storing and using spices and herbs.

~ Lola's Sugar Rush. This is the most adorable old-fashioned candy shoppe (<-- spelled that way in one of the windows) I may have ever seen. It was painted in a light pink and brown color palate and I may not be able to wait long until I meander back there.

~ Multiple eateries, some fancy others casual. One in particular has a rooftop patio that I am going to test out as soon as the weather warms and it opens up for business.

~ Katie's Wine Bar. I didn't go in this place, but it's in this cute little white brick building that looks like it could be a two-story apartment in a hip downtown location (it probably was at one time). There are little windows on either side of the door, both of which allowed views of guests at a small table sipping on wine. It looked like a picture out of a movie, and the place just had a grand-reopening so I'm guessing it's nice inside.

~Hot Pots! This is quite possibly what I'm most excited about. It's a "paint your own pottery" studio!! I saw all sorts of kitchen items that could be painted, such as a butter dish or tea mug. And there was a mosaic in the window that spelled "mosaics" so I'm assuming you can make mosaics here too. I am absolutely thrilled there is one of these establishments so close to my home. I've been wanting to do one of these for quite a while, so you can only imagine my excitement.

Doesn't all that sound wonderful?! I can just imagine starting my day off with some artistic creativity at Hot Pots, then heading over to the rooftop patio for lunch before satisfying my sweet tooth at Lola's and antique shopping all afternoon. Of course I would also enjoy a glass of fine wine at Katie's Wine Bar before calling it a day. Ahhh...someday soon that will happen.

(Hurry back to Colorado Mom! And bring Gina. We could make it a girls' weekend. And while we're day-dreaming, let's make it a "first-weekend-of-the-month" so we can go to the Denver Art Museum for free on Sunday. Sound like a plan? Good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment