Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bad Timing

Remember that blog entry about the frustrations DMVs cause me (and most of the public I'm sure)? Well they did it again. Today I went back to the DMV with my emissions test verification in hand to renew my plates and registration. All was going smoothly, but then the employee told me how much it would cost, I handed her my debit card, and she looked at me with this knowing expression and said, "Our card machine isn't working today." Of course it isn't! And I didn't have any checks or enough cash with me. She kind of looked at me like I was crazy for not having any checks with me, at which point I wanted to tell her no one uses checks on regular basis anymore and they were supposed to be able to take credit cards. You'd think they would mention that little tidbit of information before they started doing all the paperwork. Anyway, I guess it turned out fine because they have an ATM on location, so I just went and withdrew some money (although I did get charged an extra $1 because it wasn't a Chase machine). I'm just glad I don't have to go back there for another year.

In other news, I came down with a pretty nasty cold Tuesday evening. It's astonishing how quickly sickness can come upon you. I was feeling great all day Tuesday; I spent the whole day skiing with my dad and some of his friends. Then after showering and taking a nap that afternoon I woke up feeling awful. So much for enjoying this beautiful weather and making the most of my last week of freedom before I start my 8-5 routine. I just hope I'm feeling better by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment