Tuesday, January 5, 2010

L.O.S.T.

I've been in a funk lately, and I really wish it would go away. As you may know, I've been searching for a job unsuccessfully for about 4 months now. I recently got credentialed as a Registered Dietitian and I thought that would help my job search efforts, but so far it has not. I was really hopeful right before Christmas because I was asked to a lot of interviews. But suddenly, everything has seemed to work against me again. My most prospective job offer was given to someone else; a man who called me Dec. 23 asking if I was still interested in a pharmaceutical sales position never returned my message for an interview; and the bank position I was offered, I turned down because I didn't want to quit a week later if offered a job from the place I was waiting to hear from. The bank did respect why I had declined their job offer and told me to call them if I was still interested in the job after hearing from my other option. However, now I am waiting to hear from WIC about a job I interviewed for last Monday. I feel like I am in a complete waiting game because my next step is to call the bank and/or apply to restaurants for a serving job, but it seems pointless to do that until I know what is going to happen with the WIC job. This whole process has been so frustrating, and I've never been one to give up; but after hearing that I was again not chosen for the job, that is exactly what I feel ready to do. I feel so lost, both literally and as an acronym (lonely. out of shape. sad. tired). I'm almost out of money, and after being rejected so many times I'm starting to wonder if this is where I'm supposed to be. With no money (and no home), I can't really pursue my interests or join any type of class (yoga, photography, dance, etc.). Plus I'm not working or in school, so I'm not able to readily meet people, AND my best friend just moved back to Springfield and my brother up to Fort Collins. I still have my boyfriend here and that's great, but I really need some ladies in my daily, or at least weekly, life. Like I said, I'm just in a funk and it's affecting everything about the way I lead my daily life. I really don't like it. And I wish it would go away. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment