Thursday, April 1, 2010

You Know What Today Is!

April Fool's Day!!!


Did you play any tricks on anyone?!

I'd love to hear them.


I got one harmless joke played on me, but my all-time favorite has to be when I was skiing in Colorado and the lifties (slang for the people who operate and monitor the ski lifts) were writing fake information on the message boards. A lot of ski resorts have message boards at each lift that people can leave notes on if necessary. For instance, if a group gets separated they can leave a note for the "lost" person to call them or meet them at a certain place (back when cell phones weren't the norm). Some resorts put trivia questions on these boards to entertain people in line when there are no other pertinent messages. But I'm getting off track. This particular April 1st my family and I were skiing, and as we were waiting in line we saw the message board read, "Elk Migration - watch for elk!" We were sooo excited that we might see some elk!! After a couple of runs without seeing any elk we were getting pretty bummed that we were missing them all. ... But then we realized that elk don't migrate. And then we realized that it was April Fool's Day. Joke's on us! A few runs later when we came back to this same lift a different message was on the board. This time it read, "Bikini contest at so-and-so Lodge - 2 pm!" (I don't remember the name of the location. This was a while ago...just work with me.) Of course by this time we knew all of these messages were April Fool's Day jokes, so we just continued to ski. But man - that place cleared out quick!! The rest of the afternoon we had that whole side of the mountain to ourselves. It was great!

Hope you had a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment