Sunday, July 22, 2012

Playing Catch Up...Once Again.

I think this is easily the longest stretch of time I've gone without posting at least a small something. So for that I apologize. Let's catch up to speed so I can write about my most recent adventure.


First there was the ski weekend in February when about 15 of my friends all gathered together for some snow activities and shenanigans in Summit County:


The next weekend my friend from college, who I hadn't seen since we graduated, came to visit. We went to a hockey game (or what was left of it once her delayed flight got in), some wineries & breweries in Boulder the next day, and then breakfast and paint-your-own pottery on Sunday before she left.


The next weekend I celebrated my 26th birthday...


 ...complete with a giant balloon!


And a trip to the Melting Pot for dinner (which was also to celebrate our anniversary and Valentine's Day, since they all fall within exactly a week of each other).


The next weekend my parents came out for a week vacay in the mountains, so I spent some time with them and my brother.


The next week, we rang in Rachel's birthday with a concert in Denver.


On St. Patty's Day my best friend got engaged! 


At the end of April I went home for a wedding (and met Abe Lincoln!).


Over Memorial Day I went backpacking for the first time of the season.


Then I went to Guatemala, which I'll post about soon. But the week after I got back, my parents came out for a week of summer fun in Beaver Creek, CO!



And most recently, I went backpacking last weekend in Rocky Mountain National Park. We saw a bull moose, and I made a friend with a  chipmunk.


So those are the highlights from my past 5-1/2 months. In between, I've been catching some rays at the pool, wandering art festivals, attending Rockies games, playing kickball, and enjoying Denver at it's dry, hot best. :o) How's your summer been so far?!

P.S. Don't forget to check back soon for stories and pictures from Guatemala!

No comments:

Post a Comment