Saturday, January 8, 2011

White Christmas

I was home in Illinois for Christmas this year, and we had a beautiful white Christmas. During my 10 days home I spent most of my time with friends and family. I went to a wedding shower for one of my best friends; I saw many of my girl friends from high school who I hadn't seen in over a year (plus some surprise meetings at Panera and a bar one night); I visited with two of my amazing friends from college; spent time with my "family" from church; celebrated Christmas with my extended family; and relaxed at home with my parents and dog. It was the perfect way to spend my Christmas. I just wish my brother and boyfriend had been home too.


In few words, take a look at my Christmas at home.


{the wedding shower}










{they got an ornament along with a story of significance rather than gift tags; great idea!}


{packing up their goodies}


{downtown Springfield one night}




{meeting with friends at Panera}



{extended family Christmas - always a blast!}

































{playing Scene It, the comedy version}


{amazing! i love my family!}

{Christmas Eve}





{our completed Polar Express puzzle}



{playing chess by himself waiting for Christmas Eve dinner}





{Christmas morning}











{our traditional Christmas breakfast - monkey bread and fruit}




{Mom starting a new tradition of reading from a book between presents}


{enjoying our traditional Christmas brunch; this year
we did so with some of our favorite people}



{Adam wearing his gag gift from David; Crockett decked out for Christmas}


{don't mind me in this picture; it's a great one of my parents
and Bailey is even in the background}


I hope your Christmas was as relaxing and wonderful as mine! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment