Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

And I'm not kidding! Right now The Weather Channel says it is 2 degrees outside, BUT feels like -16 degrees. The past couple of days it hasn't reached temperatures above 13 degrees and snow flurries have accompanied it all. It is seriously cold out there -- bitter cold. It even looks cold outside. A blanket of white covers most everything, gray clouds hang low in the sky hardly letting the sun shine through, and smoke pours out of chimneys across town. The trees even shiver in the wind. I've tried to avoid going out in it, but unfortunately I've actually spent quite a bit of time out and about. And every time the cold chills me to my bones; it takes me quite a while to warm up all the way to my fingers and toes (which are always cold). They say it's supposed to warm up to 30 by Thursday and maybe 35 by Friday. I can't wait! It will probably feel like a summer day. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment