Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Living History

As everyone knows, today was a historical day as President Barack Obama was sworn into office as the first African American president of the United States. Of course, I was working and missed all the television coverage, but here is an image of one of the day's memorable moments.


It was pretty neat to see how many people turned out to the inauguration. Did you see how many people were there?! Crazy! It would have been a pretty surreal inauguration to attend though. Today as I walked the halls of the hospital where I work I couldn't help but notice almost everyone was watching the event on TV. I really hope that President Obama can bring the people of our country together and get us back on the right track as he hopes to do. Lord knows we need it! I have a feeling he will succeed though; he seems to have quite a mass of supporters behind him, myself included.

No comments:

Post a Comment